Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ocean Cake

My husband volunteered me to make this cake for a friend the day before their birthday. Talk about pressure, but I love to make cakes so much that I just jumped right in and this is what we finished with.

I was hoping to give the impression of ocean life near coral.

With the short time limit I had to work with, I used what I had on hand to make this cake. I used a yellow cake on an 8 inch round, with two cupcakes on the top to give it a little extra dimension to it. I used a buttercream frosting, and applied it in a manner to imitate waves.

The fondant ocean life were a blast to create; coral, anename, starfish, tropical fish and octopus.


Keep in touch to see more of what we are doing at SweetlyDone

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment