Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3-Tiered White Scroll Wedding Cake


I decided to pull out one of my "fancy" big cakes from my archieved portfolio. I was definately challenged on this event, and worried to death that something would happen to one of the pieces during transit (could you just imagine if something did happen?). Luckily, between my driver and regular traffic patterns, the cake arrived in the same three pieces I sent it in.


The challenge of doing my first cake project of this size was making certain that all of my pieces were perfect. A wedding cake can make or break a ceremony. I went over and over each tier eliminating any flaws I came across. With a large cake, this can sometimes take a while (let me tell you...).


The three tiers were made from chocolate cake with a vanilla custard filling, as well as a white cake with raspberry frosting. The frosting was made from an Italian Buttercream frosting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment