Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Coconut Anniversary Cake


I love creating new cakes. Sometimes I get an idea stuck in my head and I cannot shake it loose until I actually make it. In this situation, I just had to work with shaved coconut.


The second tier of cake was offset to one side to emphasize the texture the coconut slices were already creating. I added some beautiful flowers I had picked up at the local flower market, and came up with a fun, simple and elegant anniversary cake.


Both tiers were made with white cake; the top tier had a lemon filling, and the bottom tier had a strawberry filling. I put a crumb coating on the cakes to help maintain crumb control prior to frosting them. I used a white buttercream frosting and pressed the coconut shavings lightly into the frosting so I could emphasize the coconut more than the frosting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment